Benefits of doing a Community Led Plan
Communities have told us how their plans have helped them in many ways.
- Develop a stronger community identity
- Build community spirit
- Strengthen parish council responses to consultations about developments affecting the village
- Recruit new volunteers for community projects and activities
- Enable the whole community to contribute and be involved in local decision making
- Inform policy makers and give a local perspective
- Identify opportunities for new projects
- Highlight issues of concern
- Support funding applications for village projects (eg church and village hall improvements, lunch clubs and more)
Chalgrove had 600 new volunteers come forward in 2010 to help with the actions that were identified in their village plan.
Kirtlington have set up a youth club in their village hall.